Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Air

Perhaps it was the nice feeling Kanon left me that makes me in awe of Air.
Anyway, Key finally made/started on an anime version of Air, which I only know through whispers and doujin games, such as eternal fighter zero.
Comparison to Kanon?
The girls are almost drawn the same, in that rather weird but cute style.
The guy however is a step UP, cause he looks so fucking cool.
Yuuichi, you're a nice guy, but come on you look dorky =D.
But right away, yeah, I notice a gigantic shift in the mood.
While Kanon started off with that sort of homegrown coziness of a school anime, Air...starts off expansive.
I don't know how to describe it; it's just this wonderful feeling of a journey permeates the episode.
I can sort of figure out the main story from Eternal Fight Zero, most likely the guy, Yukito, is searching from someone he saw or from his dreams, a girl with wings, who I happen to know is named Kanna.
Anyway, the cast of MAIN girls seems more tightly knit, with Misuzu (Testament clone in EFZ =D), Kano (Top tier, she's a magic/RO freak!), and Minagi (She has that little red haired crazy shrimp with her as a stand!) being the main trio.
There's also Misuzu's mother, who I'm really not sure is her real mother and this dark haired sort of mysterious girl (School nurse?)
But I'm really like the show after episode one, I hope it has that free spirited mood through the entire thing.

Edit: That and the fact the fucking opening and ending and production values are bloody awesome...those songs really help the expansive move, and godamn everything looks nicer than nice.

No comments: