Friday, March 25, 2005

Food fight

Well, crazy Allan has insisted I watched something called Yakitate Japan.
Normally I don't really question Allan's tastes too much, but this anime is about bread.
Baking and making bread.
Yes you read that right.
Now, sit back and think for a minute here...what he's trying to do is convince me that 13+ episodes of an anime about BAKING FUCKING BREAD ARE WORTHWHILE TO DOWNLOAD AND WATCH.
And for that I applaud him for his audactiy.
Then, I found this link of over 1200 or so manga volumes on a 200k/second line.
If you scroll from the top, you'll see a manga called Addicted to Curry.
The name was absolutely ridiculous, so naturally, on a 200k/sec line with lots of bandwidth but shitty ass gaming speeds, I do what anyone would do, I download it, cause hell I can't do much else.
And then I download more.
And more.
And now I need chapter 37 badly.
It seems I will read almost any manga, no matter HOW niche or shoujo or ridiculously silly in the premise if it has tolerable art and minimals hooks in the storyline.
Anyway, this incident with Addicted to Curry scared me, because it implied that...yes, maybe I could get excited watching 13 plus episodes of bread.
Of course, there'd have to be bread duels and bread fights and lots of burning enthusiasm for baking bread all over the place, but hell, if I can get interested in a manga on curry...what's to stop getting interested in an anime on bread?

No comments: