Monday, July 18, 2005

Fade Out

Ironic how the stormy discussion over games with my mom on Saturday night faded on Sunday.
That and I kept a low profile after installing two air conditions for me and Keshine's rooms and closing my door all day and reading until night.

Anyway, first Halo PC twl match with WPC, and of course my mom's internet applications owned our internet connection way past 9:30.
So I had to sit out for Sidewinder, which from the voice comms was a heartbreaking narrow loss.
I never knew how good these guys were before (I think Naota said "teh sux"), but they put up a hell of fight, and hell they won Sidewinder, which is evidentally our best map. (Which I wasn't there for but oh well.)
9:50 rolls around, mom's gone to shower/sleep, so I sub in for Shinta for Death Island and Timberland.
DI was...a slaughter.
5-0.
Almost nothing to say about that one, except Mike outsheed people, I outsheed people, Methos (base camper), used like a rocket per 2 scores (VERY FEW), and we just completely mauled them.
It was sort of silly, that cough secret shee video I had helped a lot as I was able to pull off some dogfight wins.

Timberland was nailbiting.
Evidentally Timberland is one of our worst, and it shows.
I'm still not exactly sure what role I play on timbo, I've been designated capper, to left rusher, to right rusher, etc. etc.
Anyway, we score first, then they pull out a score while I was IN THEIR BASE with a rod.
I suicided myself instead of just hiding, stupid stupid stupid.
OVERTIME started off scary as they started jumping on us again, but we held and finally Ziri lucked out a flag when we put insanely strong base rape down.

By the way Ziri went AFK like four times in Timberland alone =O.
Family business (I know how it feels), but of course they were base raping us whenever he'd blink out =O.

FRAPS is of variable quality.
People like pwnage/Dole can record steady at 60 without dying, and I can do that SOMETIMES, but hell sometimes I get crippling halo freezing screen problems.
Only way I think to ensure it would be to go down to 30 frames, which just bites ass.

Megaman X1 and X2 speedrun.
This isn't two speedruns, this is someone who wired a controller to play two emulators/games at once, so he uses the EXACT same input to beat both games within a frame or so of each other.
It's madness, it's headache inducing, it's genius.

Finally, sudoku. Number puzzles. Give them a whirl.
I expect everyone to go straight for the evil level ones and spend anywhere from half an hour (my fastest) to 4 hours plus on these.

No comments: