Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Teaching in Japan

If you haven't headed over to I am a Japanese school teacher I suggest you do so now.
There's some scary shit that goes down there...but it's hilarious.

I remember when my roommate first saw the Naruto Kancho (1000 years of pain!)...his face turned into this mask of holywtf that's horrible.
Well it happens, and it hurts.
I think if I were to each English over there, I'd teach high school, cause holy shit 12-15 year olds ass-stabbing just isn't cool.
I don't think they'd dickgrab though...I can BLEND IN with my yellowface.
Plus well...uh...stereotypes...bah godamn just go read the stories on that webpage already.

The night before my plane left, I went to a baseball game. The regular season hadn't started yet, it was just exhibition (A's vs Giants), but it was still a bajillion zillion times better than Japanese baseball. In Japanese baseball, the strategy is to get a man on base...then bunt. They bunt with no outs, one out, two outs, runners on first, second, third, the bases loaded, it doesn't matter. The pitcher bunts, the power hitter bunts, the leadoff hitter bunts, they might as well call it Buntball and just be done with it. The funny thing is, the Japanese almost sort of think that they invented baseball. A friend of mine asked why do the Japanese always bunt, and I told him "Are you kidding?! Sacrificing yourself for the good of the team, really was there any other choice?"

No comments: