Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Waiting Game

I think my mother would have a heart attack if she was with me when I drive on the Taconic, pushing 80-90 nonstop.
I don't really speed that much, I just go the speed of everyone else.
However, the Taconic is freaking treacherous, curvy as hell, and the entire time I'm thinking, "Man, just one slip and there's no way I'd get out alive if I had a wreck here."
Rush hour made it extra special (in that while sometimes it was slow, most of the times it was a LOT of vehicles moving at oh too fast speeds on this snake of a road.)
I realized that I start playing mental games when on long highways, I start viewing cars that go at a constant speed in front of me (Slow, if you will) as obstacles, and I just start obstacle hopping.
It's somewhat subconscious, I was doing it on I84 when I was nearly asleep at the wheel coming back from RPI.
It was like...slow car, pass. Next slow car, pass. Next slow car, pass. Etc.
So I guess I go just above the speed of everyone else or something like that.

Anyway it's waiting game time.
It really wasn't an interview, it really was basically a meet and greet.
The position is pretty...freeform, it's like Wilson's been adlibbing as he goes, and I'm fine with that as I'm pretty good at picking up random pieces.
My only worry is between now and whenever Tony (corporate hierarchy confirmation person) gets back that they change their minds about giving me an offer letter or do a grilling (of the fish, sort of speak.)
Otherwise, hopefully I'll be out of here by February. (Yes moving south)

No comments: