Monday, April 30, 2007

Showdown Wrap Up

Spooky/Zar got second, Spooky didn't lose to Mint this time around but Ruu was still too high a cat to jump over.
Incidentally, Ruu/Mint won GGAC, AHF (Arturo/Marn got second), and MBAC.
Too freaking good.

Japanese also took Tekken DR, crazy 17 year old Heihachi user doing EWGF EWGF WTF.
Thing is, USA doesn't allow stage select, Japan does.
So after Bronson killed off the Heihachi genius, Japan counterpicked a stage with no walls.

Tokido OCVed the finals in 3s, except that Japan had actually been put in the losers by the undefeated USA team.
Then they decided to make the finals SINGLE ELIMINATION, so Japan didn't have to win twice to win.
In the words of Mopreme on SRK:
Hi. When are the grand finals for 3rd Strike going to be held?

Thanks.
You can feel the bitterness.

Finally, AHF and MBAC weren't on the large screen, so no FINALS RECORDED FOR THEIR GAY DVDS EVEN IF THEY SAID NOT TO BRING CAMERAS TO THE LAST DAY.
That and the crowd consisted of a thousand otakus in love with Japan.
"Let's hear it for USA!" (clap clap)
"Let's hear it for Japan!" (sound of 1000 otakus screaming)
Arturo: "What fucking country am I in again?"

It seems the general opinion of a lot of people is fuck you Texas.

Further edit:
Seems like the prize money wasn't paid to ONLY USA PEOPLE at the event.
what happened to this? Everything was cool until I couldn't get my money, but I see how it works.

Maybe next time I'll enter the tourney and tell them I'll mail them my entry fee later or maybe I'll tell Time Warner I don't have thier money but I'll send it to them when I feel like it. The way I see it, if I gave you my money on the spot why couldn't get my prizes on the spot like you guys said.

Product Zero strikes again!

No comments: