Sunday, August 12, 2007

SUPER BATTLE OPERA IS FUCKING AMAZING

OMG OMG OMG OMG
One day left, but it's the day before work, I'm going to be up to like fucking 6am Monday.
WHO CARES!
Have to watch these games (Day 1 was 3d, Day 2 was old school, Day 3 is NEW OTAKU GAMES :V :V :V)

But yeah I have to say, this live feed is making me stupidly excited over games I hate/do not play/don't care about.

Like for 3d, Soul Calibur 3 was tight close, VF5 was bananas (Lion), unfortunately I fell asleep for Tekken at like 6am because of 1. Two cabinet failures. 2. I sleep normally for most of the week. But what I did see of Tekken was just freaking amazing, it's a pity I passed out.

2d old school was god like. All China final in KOF as expected, some guy used an all girl team with NO DAIMON. Seriously fuck Daimon, watching him sucks, his throws and ground pound glitches and whatever. But yeah China is mad high risk reward style, while Japan is still doing Daimon low shorts. By the way the finals, all girl team PERFECTED first round, and the other guy came back with Chris to win. Winner's name was "Xiao Hai," which means little kid in Mandarin, while the other guy's name was "Ching lung." (Something dragon? lol I couldn't read the hanzhi.) But yeah there was a double KO in the semis, it was all really close.

SFAE annoyed me. First, I stopped my record stream feed between the games and couldn't get back on. Second, when I went to check if my stream for KOF was intact, WMP didn't make a new instance and instead SWITCHED OFF MY WATCHING FEED. Then I couldn't get back on and I missed the first and a half games, INCLUDING Team Wolfe (American Team) actually winning one for the foreigners. Team Wolfe actually hit top 8, but during the second match it went to interviews with the freaking baldy. I sort of feel sorry for baldy, but he is the scourge of the live feed. He is the one that interrupts !!!FINALS!!! footage with interviews cause he has to sell the DVDs, even the Japanese don't like him and call him baldy. (HAGE KURUNAAAAAAAAAAAAA) He knows it too, there was a point where he called himself baldy, the forum hate in Japan must be overwhelming. But yeah there was a girl (Chamu) on a team! She played Chun Li and her partner played Guile, they got top 8 also. I think a lot of people were amazed. She was cute too. :3 Anyway though there was someone using ST Bison, we were all amazed. But he scrubbed out and used CE in the end and got owned. Serves him right, fuck CE Bison. Anyway Ohnuki's team won.

3s was amaziing. Period. It reinstalled life in the game. Namely because of all the upsets and because of one man, RX. KO's almost OCVed a team with Yang, and then RIKIMARU's chun li came back and OCVED KO BOSS MOV just like that. Ohnukis team ran into RX. Let me make no exaggeration that RX Urien played like a God. The guy hit so many clutch moments it was madness. Guy was too beastly, it was amazing, every one of his matches had you on your seat. So now favorites are gone.

In quarters or semis, some Chun li destroyed KOKUJINsan (kokujin retired, but this was a tribute team) team's Akuma and Ken, and it came down to the anchor's Yun. Reading the #capcom logs I have is hilarious, right away everything was going poorly for the kid. "Yun is the worst of the 3." "This Yun sucks, what is he doing." "This is like amateur night at the apollo." Anyway, first round ggpo. SECOND round Yun wins with genei jin. Third round...Yun gets SA2ed, down to like 5% life with Chun sitting on a bar. Yun gets combo into Genei Jin... and GOES FOR RESET to bring Chun down to 1%, then dive kick for the win. At this moment the Yun has redeemed himself in lol #capcom's eyes. Second round against Makoto, it's 1:1, and Yun pulls a CLUTCH play again after being super punched into space, this time at 1% life. Final round is Yun mirror, and I have to say I never thought Yun mirror could be interesting at all (run away crouching build meter), but they both went insane. "WHAT IS HAPPENINGGG?" Epic finish.

There's a lot more but it's really hard to put into words, just look at some of the vids on youtube using the tags "tougeki" or "闘劇"

No comments: