Friday, January 30, 2009

Waveform

Dear sibladeko,

Your video, Guilty Gear Isuka - Completely Stupid, may have content that is owned or licensed by Avex Entertainment, Inc..

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

So the video has no sound now.
This boggles my mind.
I didn't even know the name of the song in the video, there are no tags pointing to it, there's no text they could have searched on.
So somehow, someone at Avex Entertainment, in Japan, COMPLETELY ASS BORED, had to have listened to the video and then checked, "Yup, copyrights."
Dippy suggested though that they could have used a waveform search.
As in rip the videos off youtube, search the sound file wave for similarities with stuff in their library.
I guess that makes it slightly easier but that's still insane.

1 comment:

Xenozip. said...

Whoa, what the hell? Link the vid!

Only time I've ever had audio copyright was when I put the Beegee's in that Iku vid, and Ice_Rabbit posted a comment with the lyrics.

I don't see how they could check fighting game videos though, because of all the sound samples that aren't music.

I always just assumed it was either title, description, tags, or comments that got searched. Or something.

Youtube kind of does a check on videos you upload though, but I think it only checks to prevent duplicate videos.