Sunday, June 06, 2004

Guppy > Minnow > Fish > Flying Fish > Shark

Ok so I knew my sleep schedule was trash and the entire night yesterday was spent listening to my mom make wild accusations while I had music and headphones on so I decided to attempt to sleep "early." Two nights ago I tried to sleep at midnight and laid in bed for two and a half hours doing nothing. Yesterday I tried to sleep at 2:00 am and...laid in bed for even longer doing nothing. I distinctly remember Keshine waking up in the morning and going downstairs for "you tiao", this Chinese sort of bread that you fry. Yet somehow it all worked out.

I managed to wake up at 11:00am, ate lunch, and went swimming with my dad and Keshine at 12:00pm. God I am so weak...swimming was something I used to enjoy and still enjoy, but I had trouble doing lots of laps...it was sort of sad. They've like graffittied the YMCA and now the hallways are painted in this ridiculous faux spray paint of skyscrapers. Still it was hilarious watching these three girls, Keshine and my dad all really suck at diving. I mean REALLY suck. Keshine sort of slid in without the arch (it works I guess since he's short), but like the girls and daddy jumped in without straightening their legs. It was really stupid looking. I don't know how I looked, but I sort of felt that my diving owned theirs. I got to swim more often...if only I had a swimsuit in JHU.

No comments: