Thursday, June 03, 2004

su~!!!

I think I managed to trick a poor internet shopping company into sending me three webcameras for the price of one. One is probably in the hands of hobos, one I think is at the apartment in Baltimore that my stupid brother refuses to touch, and the last one is right here, in my hands.

Yay persistence.

Anyway, of course the very first thing I did, after failing to install the software properly because the demoshield installer didn't work at all for some mysterious reason, was use like the bare bones amcap and point the camera at the screen. Of course that's the first thing I'd do...what you'd point it at yourself? Pffft.

Anyway here's the shot of the craziness:


I also took a way blurry pic that will suffice until I take clean pictures, i.e. never i.e. this blurry pic will be on the net until 2099. Can you say "not photogenic."

Anyway more calls, more wait fool we'll call you tomorrow/next week/never. Bah I'm so unprepared for the job market.

2 comments:

lah said...

There's a part in GEB, I think, maybe some other book, where the author takes the camera-pointing-at-its-own-screen trick to a whole new level. He mounts it on a motorized axle or something and takes snapshots at different RPMS...

You have to see the pictures. It is nothing short of FUCKING AMAZING.

lah said...

oh, and:

you have a blog! cool!