Sunday, January 08, 2006

Shakugan no Shana

I watched 13 episodes of this show in a row.
It was originally a novel with some illustrations, then a full manga, and now an anime.
It's a good complicated plot, really nice characters, lots of good development, and pretty battle scenes.
However, there is one thing about it...
The main girl is lolicon bait.
Like she's I don't know, ageless?
But Christ the creators really know what they have, they basically have the perfect Otaku definition of "moe".
Shana is so moe that it's almost impossible not to notice it.
I can't ignore it either...
I mean hell the show has so many OTHERS merits, but the writers go that one extra step which I guess approaches fanservice.
And so you have mizugi Shana, or sukumizugi Shana, or kimono Shana, it's ridiculous.
She's still a great character though, and that scene where she flips out and starts screaming at a girl who's already frozen inside the field was amazing.
Nani su no yo!!
What do you think you're doing?
Nani jyama siten no yo!!
What are you interfering for?
Sugu ni kikaseteyaru! Watashi no kimochi o,
I'll let you hear my feelings right away!
Omae nanka, zenzen, Yuji wa, watashi to, zutto, motto, takusan arun dakara!!
You're nothing. There's much more between Yuji and me!
Omae nanka ni, zettai ni makenai!
I'll never lose to you!
Zettai!
Never!
Makenai!
I'll never lose!

No comments: