Wednesday, February 08, 2006

o_O

So at the place where I volunteer, I learned some unsettling news.
Turns out they "let go" the previous network administrator/computer networking teacher last week.
This is troubling for a bazillion reasons:
1. Who the hell is MAINTAINING THEIR NETWORK? From what I've gotten this guy ran EVERYTHING. I don't have passwords to ANYTHING, so I can't help with ANYTHING that requires permissions yet. This is like...ALL the computers (regedit has been disabled, c prompt has been disabled, you get the idea)
2. I don't know if I'd want a job here, and it sort of sneakily sounds like they're preparing me for it? I've been given more and more computer related crap (finally though, I hate data entry) to do, which is peachy, but I'm really really honestly not sure I'd like to spend long here.
3. Currently this is for a recommendation/experience. If I bail out, what happens to that if they really are ninja training me as a replacement =O

No comments: