Friday, February 24, 2006

Shana 20

The hell.
How could they...do that with my opinions!
ARGH
In short, the first part of this episode basically...removed my hate for Yuuji.
I mean he's a good guy and all, his heart is in the right place, it's just that he made Shana cry.
And I almost forgave the seducer too.
It's like her confession and involvment cemented Yuuji's decision to leave the city to protect it along with Shana (that and he likes her of course more).
In fact, things would have definitely turned out for the better if Yuuji had gone and told Shana his decision immediately.
But, things never go the way you want them to.

Wilhelmina, once viewed as a Yuuji beater and savior, is showing up at the ABSOLUTE WORST TIME.
In short, if no Wilhelmina, Yuuji would go to Shana and say I'm leaving with you anyway, Shana would go, "Really?" with pretty eyes, and then tralala happy fields.
Instead, Wilhelmina steers Shana into believing in the most "effecient" path, duty of flame haze blah blah, that is, kill Yuuji, take Reiji Maigo for themselves so Balle Masque doesn't get it.
STRAIN.
Their relationship was so close to repair, and honestly what some might consider a rather boring first half of dialogue in fact made me like Yuuji again, but gah Wilhelmina!

Ah well, things rarely go smoothly in anime, what can I say?
LET THE YUUJI VS WILHELMINA CONFLICTS BEGIN.
/me waves flag!

No comments: