Thursday, April 08, 2004

Might not be so bad...

I am warily hopeful about Mastiff's La Pucelle localization. Mastiff's mainly known for shovelware, and when the title of the game was revealed to be La Pucelle tactics instead of whatever the Japanese originally meant, most people just wrote the entire thing off. Hopefully they'll do a good job, ok they BETTER do a good job, I do NOT want godamn half Japanese half english battle sounds, no matter how funny "WHO DA MAN" and "SHAZAM" sound the first fifty times, they make one murderous by the 1000th time. Even worse I do NOT want to hear Flonne's english VA.

I didn't even read enough to figure out Culotte was a guy...what kind of Japanese fanboy am I. Here's the english site. The mp3? or midi on that site is beautiful...which is why I am again downloading another Tenpei Sato soundtrack. I swear though...is there a recycled battle theme from Disgaea or Phantom Brave in there? There has to be...and if I am correct, pffft on mister Sato for that. Art style isn't Harayada's, but Ryoji's. It's like the anti Harayada XD. To combat Harayada's flat characters? XD Anyway I really like their mix of styles, I think the succubi and the nekomatas were also done by Ryoji in disgaea while the human characters were pretty much entirely Harayada's work.

Anyway here's to a hopefully excellent localization of another nippon1 game.

Ok I'll bite and do one of those stupid now listening things.
Now listening: The Legend of the Light Saint - La Pucelle - Tenpei Sato
I think I already like Eclair