Monday, April 19, 2004

You know you are out of touch when...

Evidentally classes from 10-12pm are cancelled tomorrow. Why? Because someone broke into the SigEp frat house right next to campus and stabbed a kid of my year. He died yesterday.

Shit like this really gets you thinking of mortality you know? I mean everyone has friends here who have been robbed, some at gunpoint, and the daily crime news listings you see inside McCoy and other places are depressing, but you never really think it'll hit that close to home.

Like sometimes I walk around late at night, this happened early Saturday morning. Suppose I had gone to rofo or something I could have passed this guy in the dark. I live farther from campus than the kid did, in fact I pass the SigEp frat house every day when I go to class.

This scares the shit out of me.
I don't think I'll be going out late night for a while.

On a sidetrack I didn't even KNOW about this until my roommate told me today. I did not know someone was stabbed and I did not know that the class cancellation was for a memorial service. I need to get out more...