Saturday, May 29, 2004

Even Buddha would show no mercy after being slighted twice.

Yesterday I played ultimate for the first time since...probably last year summer. Predictably, that means I get to be sore all day today. They weren't even trying, it was sort of sad that I, the most out of shape one, was really trying the hardest for my team. I mean I KNOW Kenny excercises more than me, but he could not be bothered to run down a frisbee? Same with both teams actually, I think Darren was the only one actually doing anything. Oh yeah, Alfred looks like a hippie, and what's with the sport headband? Too weird. Didn't know the rest of the asians/two white kids that played with us.

On to this morning. Samurai Champloo...it's got something going to it. Compared to say though, the first episode of Cowboy Bebop? Not that instant of a winner but good enough. The opening is bleah? Jap Rap is bleah! Ending is kind of nice... The entire show is done really weirdly, like it itself is a "hip-hop" song, turntables, cuts, rewinds, scratches, it makes for a very stylistic type of show, but I'm not sure if us Americans and our "hip-hop" engrained culture will appreciate it.

No comments: