Saturday, May 08, 2004

You got Soup 2 ea.

Man, the more I think about it the more I think I could survive in a society completely based on thievery. Like when I was young I used to shoplift a lot, and I mean a LOT, because I had no allowance. Books, Magic cards, you name it. But it was namely books. Lots of books. I stole them from small bookstores, from libraries, from teacher collections. All because I had no money.

I like to think that I stopped once money became a large part of my life...but then again.

Today, some godamn fat lady was in the express lane checkout with like FORTY ITEMS. I was behind another lady in line and thinking, WHAT THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT READ! UNDER FIFTEEN ITEMS! NOT FORTY! And she was taking a bazillion years looking for her coupons and chatting it up with the cashier like she had all the time in the world. Well guess what, I didn't have all the time in the world, in fact the bloody JHU shuttle would probably have come at any second and if I missed it that's 30 more minutes to wait. So I got fed up and went into the automated scan section. This would mean I'd have to leave my soup behind. I was like to hell with the soup if I miss the shuttle because of that godamn fat lady I'd kill her by taking the 15 item sign down and smashing her over the head repeatedly while screaming "FIFTEEN ITAMS FIFTEEN ITAMS!" Anyway I finish really fast, and my soup is left. So I'm like...well hell it's in unmarked containers, there are no barcodes, and the automated scanner says nothing about soup in the produce/other section. So I walked out without paying for my soups.

I bet that lady plays the lottery every day because she's bad at numbers.